Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Last-Chance Products: Marquee Messages


#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm always a little sad to see a favorite stamp set retire. "Marquee Messages" is one of those sets. I think it's fresh and fun and can be used for teens and grown-ups alike. Because I'm going to miss this set, I decided I needed to use it one last time before it goes into the retirement box.

This card is quick and easy--well, if you don't count the fussy cutting. I LOVE to fussy cut! I think it's very relaxing. I know people don't like it so much but the fussy cutting on this card is mostly straight lines and you can get 'er done in no time.

I started by stamping the marquee stamp in the retiring Basic Black Archival Ink* onto Whisper White Card Stock. I added the "It's Your" sentiment in the center and "birthday" sentiment on the banner. I set this aside to dry because the archival ink needs a little bit of time to absorb into the paper so it doesn't smear. (Ask me how I know.) 

I stamped the marquee again on a scrap paper to use as my pattern for the blue glimmer paper from the retiring Myths & Magic Glimmer Paper Collection. I fussy cut the arrow from my scrap paper and laid it on top of the glimmer paper and cut that out. I also eyeballed the two glimmer paper stars--but you could use a pattern to cut them out.

I layered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of retiring black and white striped Petal Passion Designer Series Paper onto a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Bermuda Bay Card Stock and then onto a Thick Whisper White Card Stock Card base.

When the stamped marquee was dry, I fussy cut it, adhered the glimmer paper arrow and stars, and then added this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Fun, right? 

As of today's publication of this blog, all the supplies for this card are still available...but they're only available while supplies last (see the reminder below), so if you want the "Marquee Messages" stamp set--and you know you do--get it now before it's too late!!

*The archival inks are retiring, but there will still be Memento Tuxedo Black and StazOn Jet Black in the upcoming catalog, along with a Classic Basic Gray Ink.

REMINDER: retiring stamp sets will only be guaranteed to be available until May 25. All other products are NOT guaranteed and are only available while supplies last. ALL retiring items will be discontinued after May 31.


 











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment