Monday, May 21, 2018

Last-Chance Products: Fruit Basket

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   We're getting close to the end of the Stampin' Up year. Loads of products in the Annual Catalog and the Occasions Catalog are retiring as of May 31st. One suite of products that I'm sad to see go is the Fruit Basket Suite from the Occasions Catalog. This suite has an adorable stamp set, "Fruit Basket"; a set of mini punches, Itty Bitty Fruit Punch Pack; and fun Tutti Frutti Designer Series Papers.  I made a set of cards using these products and I'll be using this design in a shoebox swap that I'm attending later this week. All the cards use the same design, but they're each a bit different.

The larger piece of DSP measures 3-3/4" by 3-1/4" and the smaller piece is 3-3/4" by 2-1/4". I adhered these pieces to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White Card Stock mat (the bottom piece overlaps the top piece a bit). I wrapped a length of ribbon--this one uses the retiring Crushed Curry Mini Chevron Ribbon around the card at the DSP seam and then adhered it to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base. 

I cut a Whisper White circle using one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered it to a Crushed Curry scalloped circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits. I adhered this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the pears on a strip of Whisper White Card Stock in Lemon Lime Twist and Crumb Cake Ink. I stamped the outline of the bowl onto the same strip in Crumb Cake Ink and then filled it in with the coordinating stamp, also in Crumb Cake. I used the Itty Bitty pear punch to punch out the pears and I used my Paper Snips to fussy cut the bowl. I adhered the bowl and pears to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "Fruit Basket" stamp set twice in Lemon Lime Twist onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I used my Paper snips to cut out the individual elements and I adhered them to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

Here's another version of the card using the pineapples stamp and punches. The pineapples are stamped in Crush Curry and Lemon Lime Twist. The bowl outline is stamped in Crumb Cake and filled in with Lemon Lime Twist. The ribbon is (returning!) Crumb Cake Classic Weave Ribbon.

And here's my favorite version of the card using the kiwi DSP. I used the citrus stamps and punch to make the kiwi slices in Lemon Lime Twist and Memento Tuxedo Black Inks. The ribbon is the retiring Lemon Lime Twist Mini Striped Ribbon.

As of today, all these products are still available to order, but don't delay because things are selling out quickly. You can still get the Fruit Basket bundle--"Fruit Basket" stamp set and Itty Bitty Fruit Punch pack--for a 10% discount over purchasing the items separately (item 145977 $35).  REMINDER: retiring stamp sets will only be guaranteed to be available until May 25. All other products are NOT guaranteed and are only available while supplies last. ALL retiring items will be discontinued after May 31.











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment