Thursday, February 1, 2018

The Good Stuff

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   A friend and I were talking today about how people with positive attitudes can handle most anything life throws them. I used to tell my kids--after we'd fought about school clothes, teeth brushing, and homework--that when we stepped out of the house, we could choose what kind of day we would have. I told them they could continue to be grumpy or they could choose to be happy. It was up to them. But I was going to choose to be happy.

I think I have a positive attitude most of the time. I'm not saying that I exude joy and happiness, because anyone who knows me would dispute that. But I do choose to see the positives in most situations (after I get over my pity party). Maybe I'm just pragmatic. It is what it is, let's just deal with it and go on.

Anyway, I like to see the good stuff in life and not dwell on the bad stuff. Today's card is a positive card that I think anyone would enjoy receiving--for their birthday or just for a little pick-me-up.

I made this card as my swap for the Proverbial Stampers team meeting. I needed something quick and easy because I needed to make a dozen cards quickly.

I started by stamping a sentiment from "Picture Perfect Birthday" in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel. I stamped the bow in Pacific Point and the bow's shadows in Dapper Denim. I ran the bottom half of the panel through the Big Shot with the Scattered Sequins Embossing Folder.

I wrapped a length of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around the panel before adhering it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black mat and then onto a Pacific Point Card Stock card base.

I added three Pool Party Tutti-Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequins to finish the card with some bling.

Let's all celebrate the good stuff in our lives!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment