Tuesday, February 6, 2018

For the Newlyweds

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I started thinking about my Valentine's Day stamp sets and thought that I needed to be a little bit more creative and make something decidedly NOT Valentine's Day-like. I wanted to show that these stamp sets can be used year-round. So I started with my at-the-moment favorite color combination--Night of Navy and Lemon Lime Twist--and came up with this sweet card.

I started by adhering a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Tutti-Frutti 6" by 6" Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Lemon Lime Twist mat. I wrapped a length of the yummy Lemon Lime Twist 3/8" Mini Striped Ribbon around the top before adhering everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Then I stamped my favorite heart from the "Heart Happiness" set in Lemon Lime Twist onto a piece of Lemon Lime Twist Card Stock and cut it out with the matching Lots To Love Box Framelit Die. I inked up the same stamp with Lemon Lime Twist and then inked one half with Night of Navy and stamped this onto a Whisper White scrap. I cut this out with the same framelit die. I adhered both hearts to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

To finish the card, I stamped "for the newlyweds" from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set in Night of Navy onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals.

I'm glad I thought of using this color combo for a non-Valentine's Day card. And I'm glad I'll be able to use the "Heart Happiness" set for other occasions throughout the year!







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment