Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Merry Carols

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The "Carols of Christmas" stamp set was available for pre-order before the Stampin' Up Holiday Catalog came out.  Customers got to order it a month before the catalog debut, but demonstrators got to order it two months early! That's one of the perks I love about being a Stampin' Up demonstrator--I'm in the know about upcoming items and I get to purchase and play with new toys before they're available for sale. If you like to be in the know and play with toys before the rest of your friends, you should contact me and we'll talk about the other fun reasons why YOU should join my team as a Stampin' Up demonstrator!

Way back in the summer, when the "Carols of Christmas" set was first available to demonstrators, the Stampin' Up Artisan Design Team did a blog hop featuring this set. Their creations are totally awesome! I'm pleased to say that my stampin' friend, Mindy Backes, is one of the Artisans. She truly deserves this honor--she's so inspirational in stamping, parenting, and her Christian faith. You can see her work on her website at Bada-Bing Paper Crafting. I knew that I was going to CASE Mindy's card someday--and today is the day!
My color scheme is based on the Be Merry Designer Series Paper that I used in place of the washi tape from Mindy's card. So, I started with a Garden Green Card Stock card base and a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Cherry Cobbler Card Stock mat. I cut the scalloped square mat from the center of the larger mat because it's covered with the 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel.

I stamped the sentiment from "Carols of Christmas" in Garden Green Ink onto a Whisper White piece and added the flourishes from the same set in Cherry Cobbler. I cut this piece out with one of the Layering Squares Framelits and adhered it to the Cherry Cobbler scalloped square that I also cut with one of the Layering Squares Framelits.

See those strips of Be Merry DSP? Well, they came from my scrap pile! I have used the entire package of this DSP in two of my Christmas card-making classes, except for some scraps. I cut them down to different widths and tore the edges so they'd resemble the washi that Mindy used on her card.
To finish the card, I adhered the stamped element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and added three Garden Green Enamel Stars to the card. I think it turned out kind of cute!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment