Friday, August 18, 2017

Holiday Tree

#stampinup    #faithfulinkspirations   One of my favorite sets from the annual catalog is "Vertical Greetings." There's just something about those long trees that really speaks to me. When I saw that one of my favorite stampers, Brian King, had created a Christmas card using that set, I was inspired to CASE (copy and selectively edit) his card!!


I started with a 1" by 4" strip of Whisper White Card Stock. I used Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Markers to color directly onto the stamp. I gave the stamp a few puffs of my hot breath to re-wet the ink and then stamped.  I added the sentiment from the "Thoughtful Banners" set in Cherry Cobbler. I adhered this piece to a 1-1/8" by 4-1/8" piece of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock.

Next, I added a 2-1/2" by 3-7/8" piece of Be Merry Designer Series Paper to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of Always Artichoke Card Stock. I tied a length of Whisper White Classic Weave Ribbon onto this piece before adhering it to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Finally, I adhered the stamped tree to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and popped on a Gold Faceted Gem. Cute!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment