This box is easy to make and it only takes one 8-1/2" by 11" sheet of card stock--plus whatever you want to use for the embellishments. You'll need a scoring tool, a cutting tool, a bone folder, and strong adhesive like Tear and Tape or Fast Fuse Adhesive.
1. You'll make three pieces from one sheet of card stock. The box bottom is 3-1/2" by 9-1/2". The box top is 3-3/4" by 10". The belly band is 1-1/4" by 11". Score the box bottom at 3-3/4", 4-1/2", 8-1/4" and 9". Turn and score at 3/4". Score the box top at 5-1/4" and 6." Score the belly band at 2-1/4", 3", 6-3/4" and 7-5/8".
2. Cut two flaps in the box bottom like this, so the box bottom will fold nicely. Add a strip of adhesive. . .
3. . . .and form the box like this.
4. Add a strip of adhesive and seal the bottom of the box. Remember that the "raw" edges will go toward the back of the box.
5. On the box top, add a rectangle of adhesive. You will adhere the box top to the box bottom in the next step. (The adhesive just goes on the rectangle; I over-achieved in this picture. Sorry.)
5. Adhere the box top to the back of the box bottom. Again, remember that the "raw"edges are at the back of the box.
6. Finally, add some adhesive to your belly band strip to form the belly band. NOTE: You may have to make some adjustments to the belly band. You want it to be tight, but still be able to slide up and down your box.
7. If you're going to decorate the box top and bottom with designer series paper, the top piece will be 3-3/4" by 3-1/2" and the bottom piece will be 3-1/2" by 2-1/2"