Thursday, July 13, 2017

Eagle Scout in the House!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Well, the new Eagle Scout isn't really in my house--not at the moment, anyway--but he's here often enough.  My son's BFF, Sam, recently had his Eagle Scout Court of Honor.  That's quite an accomplishment and we're so very proud of him.

Of course, I had to make a card for Sam to let him know just how much we appreciate him and how proud we are. I went with a simple design--he is a teenager after all--and I think it turned out pretty well.

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White mat and cut a 1-1/4" by 5" strip of Real Red Card Stock and the same size strip of Night of Navy Card Stock. I adhered these to the Whisper White mat and then adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.

Next, I stamped the striped badge from the "Badges & Banners" stamp set in Night of Navy onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Best Badge Punch. I stamped one of the banners from the "Thoughtful Banners" set in Real Red onto a Whisper White scrap. Then I bent the "So Proud of You!" sentiment from "Marquee Messages" so that it would fit into the curvy banner and stamped that in Night of Navy. Shaping your sentiments so easy to do with photopolymer stamps!! I punched this out with the Duet Banner Punch. I adhered the badge to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered the banner directly to that with a little Snail Adhesive.

Finally, I cut three stars from a Gold Foil Sheet with a framelit from the Wood Crate Framelits and adhered the stars to the top of the card.

This card was quick and easy to make and it would be great for a military member as well as an Eagle Scout.












Product List

1 comment:

  1. Great card for an Eagle Scout, I will have to CASE this one when my grandson achieves his Eagle Scout...

    ReplyDelete