Thursday, July 6, 2017

Bond, James Bond

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #scrapbooking   I know my strength and I play to it. Creating tiny pieces of art--in the form of stamped cards and sometimes 3D items--that's my strength.  Creating scrapbook pages, well, I don't feel like that's in my particular set of skills.  But sometimes I have to give it the old (high) school try--especially when I've got a picture as awesome as this one!

But wait. Let me tell you the back story. My sweet son decided at the last minute that he was going to go to the high school prom and he decided at the last minute that he wanted to wear a white tux like a friend of his who was also going "stag." (Do the kids even say that any more?) I've got to say, my little boy looked pretty awesome in his tux. Not so much a little boy anymore! When the friend's dad picked my son up in a sleek, black sedan that he rented just for the occasion, that made for a perfect photo op! And a perfect photo needs to be preserved, so I pulled up my big girl pants and got to work!

I kept with the black and white theme--but added some silver and some texture. What do you think? Isn't my boy handsome? And doesn't he look like James Bond?! (You can choose the James Bond actor of your dreams...)

I started with a 12" by 12" piece of Whisper White Card Stock and added a 12" by 3" strip of Silver Foil.  I ran two 1-3/4" strips of Vellum Card Stock through the Big Shot with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  There's a gap in the middle because the Vellum is only 8-1/2" by 11", but the photo hides the gap.  I wrapped a length of the gorgeous Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon around these pieces.

Next, I made a bow tie from Basic Black Card Stock using the Bow Builder Punch. I wanted the bow tie to sparkle like the ribbon, so I painted it with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.  Can you see the sparkle?!

I used Whisper White and Basic Black Card Stock to mat the 5" x 7" photo and added a fun tag at the bottom. I stamped the "So Proud of You" sentiment from the "Marquee Messages" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Best Badge Punch. I tucked most of the badge behind the photo, so that just the tag hangs out.

I made three 1-1/2" inch banners of various lengths from Basic Black, Vellum, and Silver Foil and ran each through the Big Shot with the Hexagons Folder. I flagged the ends with the Banner Triple Punch and adhered the banners to the top of the page, finishing off by adding some staples for interest. I used the "scraps" from the punched banners to make arrows at the top left of the page.

I stamped the "To A Classic" sentiment from the "Guy Greetings" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut just "A Classic" out with a Layering Oval Framelit. I cut a scalloped Basic Black Oval with another one of the Layering Oval Framelits. I adhered this to the page with Stampin' Dimensionals because I can't make anything without Stampin' Dimensionals!

I used a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to add some journaling to the page and I was done! 

I'd really love it if you'd give me some feedback on this page. Since scrapbooking is not really in my wheelhouse, I'd love to hear some constructive criticism so that my next foray into scrapbooking can get better and better!! Thanks!











Product List

1 comment:

  1. So handsome, I too struggle with scrapbooking but you hit the "nail on the head" with layout...

    ReplyDelete