Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tabbed Birthday

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   One of the perks of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator is attending the fun and informative events. We always receive at least one stamp set from an upcoming catalog--and usually many MORE stamp sets--that we can use in our business. I have to admit that sometimes the sets we receive aren't to my taste, that is, until I see them in action!

At the April 2017 OnStage event, we received the "Tabs for Everything" stamp set that coordinates with the new Circle Tab punch.  The images in this stamp set are teeny tiny and I have trouble figuring out how to fill a card with such small images.  Well, the Stampin' Success demonstrator magazine showed some 3" by 3" "love note" cards that were made with this set and I got an idea on how to use them on a full size card!
I started by embossing a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Crumb Cake mat with the Sparkle Embossing Folder. Next, I stamped the vertical stripes square from the "Tabs for Everything" set in Pool Party onto a Whisper White scrap. I stamped the "happy" and "birthday" sentiments in Tranquil Tide and the little stars in Lemon Lime Twist.  I cut this out with one of the Layering Squares Framelits and adhered it to a Pool Party mat that I cut out with a larger, scalloped Layering Square Framelit.

Next, I cut a 1-1/2" by 5-1/8" Tranquil Tide piece of Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper and adhered it to the Crumb Cake mat. I wrapped a length of Lemon Lime Twist Ombre Ribbon around this piece before adhering it to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered the stamped piece to the card at a jaunty angle, using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Easy peasy and pretty cute, if I do say so myself (and I do)!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment