Tuesday, April 11, 2017

OnStage Swap (Part Two)

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #onstage2017   I really like to participate in organized swaps.  It takes the "hecticity" out of the swapping process.  You don't have to run around like a maniac trying to find more people to swap with.  And it takes the guesswork out of swap creation--how many should I make?  One year I made 150 swaps. Not kidding!  This time I made 13--10 for the organized swap, 1 for each of my downline members who attended with me, and one to keep as a sample for myself. Done and done.

And I got back 10 wonderful swap cards in return--designs that I definitely wouldn't have come up with on my own! Each one its own work of art.  Like this card I received from Jackie Walker in Florida.

Jackie used the gorgeous Rose Garden Thinlits to cut the negative rose image from a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel.  She used the Fine-Tip Glue pen to adhere the detailed rose to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Flirty Flamingo mat.  She wrapped a length of Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon around the Whisper White panel before adhering it to the Flirty Flamingo mat with Stampin' Dimensionals. Jackie then adhered this assembly to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Next, Jackie stamped a sentiment from the "Wetlands" set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap.  She cut this out with the label framelit from the Rose Garden Thinlits.  She sponged a bit of Flirty Flamingo Ink around the edges before adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

So pretty, right! I'm going to have to try this--all you'd have to do is change out the sentiments to make a stack of all occasion cards. The "Rose Garden" stamp set matches the framelits that Jackie used and it contains some great sentiments.
 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment