Monday, April 10, 2017

OnStage Swap (Part One)

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #onstage2017   I had the pleasure of attending Stampin' Up's OnStage event in Richmond, Virginia, over the weekend.  (I did NOT have the pleasure of sitting in traffic on I-95 South for 5 hours....)  I love, love, LOVE attending Stampin' Up events.  It's probably my second favorite perk for being a demonstrator.  (The discount is my favorite perk!)  I love seeing new Stampin' Up product, I love the demonstrations and business builder presentations, and I LOVE meeting and getting to know new stampy friends!

At this OnStage event, we were treated to being some of the first demonstrators in the world to see the 2017-2018 annual catalog and the new 2017-2019 In Colors. You are going to love them!! That's all I can say. Oh wait! I can show you the cover of the new catalog!


Isn't it pretty! I'm so excited about the new catalog and I can't wait to start sharing some projects using the new sets. But I'm going to hold off on that excitement for a while. The new catalog goes live on June 1st--and that's 6 weeks off.  There's plenty to love in the current catalog and the Occasions catalog, so I'm going to be concentrating on those items for the next few weeks.

In the meantime, this week I'm going to show you some of my favorite swaps I received from stampers who attended OnStage in Richmond.

The first card was made by my BFF, Lynn Birus.  She's so stinkin' talented!  When you see her card, you will definitely agree with me.  Here it is!


Lynn used the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set and coordinating Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits--which you can get in a bundle and save 10% over ordering these items separately (item 144728).  She cut a detailed dragonfly from a Copper Foil Sheet.  Then she cut the solid dragonfly out of a 4" by 5-1/4" Very Vanilla panel.  She colored the dragonfly wings stamp with Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, and Sweet Sugarplum Stampin' Write Markers and used the cut-out piece to know where to place her stamped dragonfly on a Very Vanilla card base.

She stamped the dot design from the "Dragonfly Dreams" set onto the Very Vanilla panel in Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, and Sweet Sugarplum.  She adhered this piece to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then she adhered the copper dragonfly using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

Next, Lynn stamped the sentiment in Sweet Sugarplum onto a 1/2" strip of Peekaboo Peach Card Stock and flagged the end with her Paper Snips. She adhered this directly to the card.

For a finishing touch, Lynn added several In-Color Enamel Shapes to the card.  Isn't it just perfect?! I think so.

Come back tomorrow for another fabulous swap card!!
 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment