Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hey Friend

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  Do you hoard designer series paper? I certainly do! I love it so much that I hoard it and then never get around to using it. That's such a shame. Stampin' Up's DSP is so beautiful--it just calls out to be used.

One of my favorite DSPs in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog is the Serene Scenery DSP pack. I've only used a few sheets from it--and it's a whole stack of paper!! My favorite sheet in the stack is the blue woodgrain piece. When I first saw it, I had to touch it because it looked so real.  I also love the "Scenic Sayings" stamp set that coordinates with these papers--it's meant to stamp right on the paper...or not. You can do whatever you please. Here's the design that pleased me today.  It's a CASE of a card made by Stampin' Up Artisan Shannon Lane. It's so quick and easy to make!
I started by cutting two sheets of the Serene Scenery DSP to 4" by 5-1/14". I stacked them on top of each other and cut a diagonal piece off the bottom.  I adhered these to a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. I added a Lace Doily to the card and then a length of  Burlap Ribbon.

Next, I stamped the hexagon stamp from "Scenic Sayings" in Old Olive onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with my Paper Snips. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added three gold sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment, adhering them to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

I really need to get over my hoarding habit, so I'm making myself a promise to use more of this DSP before it retires. It's so pretty and it's great to use as the focus of the design.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment