Monday, March 6, 2017

Hey, Chick!

#stampinup   #saleabration2017   #faithfulinkspirations   Oh my gosh this "Hey Chick!" set is totes adorbs! I loved it the moment I saw it.  If you search on Pinterest, you'll see some amazing cards made with this set.  My card pales in comparison, but I still think it's pretty cute.  What do you think?
I started by stamping the image in Basic Black Archival Ink onto White Shimmer Paper.  (I think that was my mistake with the taco truck on Friday--using Whisper White instead of White Shimmer.)  I colored the chicken's body with the Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Calypso Coral Watercolor Pencils and blended them slightly with a Blender Pen.  I colored the rest of the chicken with Calypso Coral and added Melon Mambo for its comb.  I also blended these areas a bit with the Blender Pen.  I cut out my image with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  I adhered this to a scalloped Tangerine Tango mat, cut with one of the Layering Circles Framelits..

Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Crushed Curry Card Stock with the Hexagon Embossing Folder.  I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Tangerine Tango mat and then onto a Chocolate Chip Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I flagged the end of a 2" strip of Party Animal Designer Series Paper with the Banner Triple Punch.  I tied a length of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine to the top before adhering it to the card.  I adhered the chicken to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a piece of White Shimmer Paper and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch.  I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, tucking one end under the circle.

I think this chicken is "classic."  Next, I'm going to try something "funky."  (See what I did there?)

Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment