Friday, January 13, 2017

Squee! Watercolor Pencils!!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Did you notice the brand new item on page 24 of the Occasions catalog?  Did you?!  Wateroolor pencils! I know!! You get 13 high-quality, smooth color pencils--perfect for watercoloring stamped images.  You can use them alone, or with Aqua Painters or Blender Pens.  I was so excited when these were unveiled at Stampin' Up's OnStage Local event in November and they went on my pre-order right away!!

We got to play with the pencils during our OnStage make-and-take sessions and we used the fabulous Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper that you can get for FREE with a qualifying purchase during Sale-a-Bration.  You have to get these pencils and this paper!  Contact me to find out about my SAB events or to host your own event during SAB!!

This card starts with a Tangerine Tango card base onto which we randomly stamped a sentiment from the "Dragonfly Dreams" stamp set using Tangerine Tango ink. The Inside the Lines DSP is cut into two 1-3/4" squares and one 1" by 3-1/2" strip.  I colored the flower using the Melon Mambo and Rich Razzleberry pencils and used a Blender Pen to blend the colors.  I used Daffodil Delight for the center.  I colored the stems with Old Olive and the leaf is Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie--but I need more practice getting the blending right.  This was my first try with these pencils and we were in a mad dash to get our projects finished--they never give us enough time!!
We finished the card with a length of Burlap Ribbon onto which we added a thin strip of Whisper White stamped in Basic Black from one of the sentiments in the "Dragonfly Dreams" set.  We flagged the end with our Paper Snips. We tied a Basic Black Baker's Twine bow and stapled this onto the card, along with the Burlap Ribbon and flag.

I love this card! I may be using it at an upcoming workshop!  Let me know if you want to play with the new Watercolor Pencils and we can make this card at your workshop, too!



Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment