Monday, December 12, 2016

Wonderful Star

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  I have a couple more Christmas cards that I received during my Stampin' Up group's get together.  I love participating in swaps because I always receive such beautiful cards--and because I get cards made with stamp sets that I don't own.

Today's card was made by Dorothy Martin.  I love the soft, subtle colors! The stamp set is "Star of Light" from the Holiday catalog.  Dorothy stamped the center of the star in Smoky Slate onto a Whisper White panel. She stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the panel in Soft Sky.  She tucked a length of the pretty Sweet Sugarplum Glitter Ribbon behind the panel before adhering it to a Soft Sky mat.  Dorothy stamped the second sentiment at the bottom of the Soft Sky mat in Smoky Slate.  Then she adhered everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

The piece de resistance for me is the overlaid vellum star. Dorothy used the coordinating Starlight Thinlits Dies to cut the star from a piece of Vellum Card Stock.  She adhered this to the card with a Glue Dot and then added a Basic Rhinestone. So pretty!!

You can purchase the "Star of Light" stamp set and coordinating Starlight Thinlits Dies as a bundle and save 10% over purchasing them separately.  This bundle is on Stampin' Up's closeout list, so get them FAST if you must have them!! Just click on the link below and you'll go right to my online store where you can make your purchase!!

 

Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment