Thursday, December 29, 2016

Cherry Sundae

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I really love it when a stamp set comes with coordinating framelits dies.  I especially love it when Stampin' Up offers the stamp set and framelits in a bundle because I can save 10% by purchasing the bundle!

The Cool Treats Bundle (item 145181, page 32 Occasions catalog) comes with both the "Cool Treats" photopolymer stamp set and the Frozen Treats Framelits Dies.  I really put those products to use when I made my display board samples.

For today's sweet card, I started with a 4" by 5-1/4" panel of Crumb Cake Card Stock and cut the center out using the Layering Circles Framelits.  Then I embossed the Crumb Cake mat using the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.   Next, I stamped the sentiment from the "Cool Treats" stamp set in Watermelon Wonder in the center of a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base.  PRO TIP: I used the Crumb Cake piece to position the sentiment.

Next, I stamped a cherry in Real Red and Garden Green ink and cut it out with a Frozen Treats Framelit.  I adhered this to the Whisper White Card Stock, near the stamped sentiment.  I cut out several more cherries from Real Red and Watermelon Wonder scraps to use as the elements in the shaker piece.  I also cut a few spoons from a Silver Foil Sheet to use in the shaker.

Using Glue Dots, I adhered a piece of Window Sheet behind the opening in the Crumb Cake mat and then added an Adhesive Strip around the opening.  I dropped in my cherries and spoons and then adhered the Crumb Cake mat to the card base using additional Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I used the Frozen Treats Framelits to make a sundae to add as an element to the front of the card.  I cut the dish from a Silver Foil Sheet, a Chocolate Chip, a Very Vanilla, and a Watermelon Wonder ice cream scoop, and  an Early Espresso chocolate sauce element.  I adhered these to the bowl using Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card is so cute (if I do say so myself--and I do)!!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment