Sunday, August 7, 2016

Creation Station: Get Well Soon



#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation   Welcome back to another edition of the Creation Station blog hop. We have loads of great projects to inspire you--from our round-the-world design team.  This time we're featuring get well projects.

I've been in love with the "Get Well Soup" a la carte stamp since it showed up in the catalog. It's big. It's bold. It's ding-dang cute. I really love to paper-piece the elements of this stamp. Since it's so big, fussy cutting the elements is a cinch!

What better a gift for someone whose not feeling well then some chicken soup? For my project, I've made "Faux" Chicken Soup in a Jar. My daughter is a vegetarian and she loves soup. So I followed this recipe I found on Pinterest, substituting the chicken bouillon with vegetable bouillon. 

I started by stamping the bowl of soup in Island Indigo onto a piece of Whisper White Thick Card Stock. I stamped the bowl again in Island Indigo onto a piece of the beautiful Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper. I stamped the image once more onto a scrap of So Saffron Card Stock. I used my Paper Snips to fussy cut the bowl, the back rim of the bowl, and the "soup," and adhered them to the image stamped on the Whisper White Thick Card Stock. I also fussy cut one of the flowers from the Blooms & Bliss DSP and adhered this over the stamped heart. I added a small Metal Rimmed Pearl to the center of the flower.


I cut a 5" by 2" strip of Island Indigo Card Stock and punched one end with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. I rounded the corners of the end of the label with the Envelope Punch Board. I adhered a piece of a Delicate White Doily to the bowl before adhering it to the label. I cut long lengths of Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon, Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon, and Whisper White Thick Baker's Twine to tie the label around the top of a mason jar.


Next I made a "love note" 3" by 3" card to go along with the soup-in-a-jar gift. I cut a 3" by 6" piece of Mint Macaron Card Stock for the card base. Then I used the Layering Squares Framelits to cut an Island Indigo scalloped mat and a Whisper White panel. I stamped a sentiment from the "Teeny TIny Wishes" stamp set in Island Indigo onto the Whisper White panel. I stamped the outlines of flowers from the "Penned & Painted" stamp set in Island Indigo and filled them in with Mint Macaron. I love this two-step stamp set! I adhered the scalloped piece to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Of course the love note needs a matching envelope, so I used my Envelop Punch Board to make a coordinating envelope from another sheet of Blooms & Bliss DSP. Who wouldn't start feeling just a little bit better to receive this gift set?


I hope you enjoyed my projects. Please use the "next" and "back" buttons to head around the blog hop for even more inspiration!


http://denitawright.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/creation-station-design-team-blog-hop.html

 http://www.stampinglane.com/2016/08/creation-station-blog-hop-get-well.html


Product List

Product List

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy! Your Chicken Soup creation is such a beautiful idea for someone feeling poorly. There is nothing better than Chicken Soup when you are not feeling well, and to receive something homemade makes everything better. D x

    ReplyDelete