Monday, July 25, 2016

Love You in Pink

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I love this week's sketch on the Pals Paper Arts challenge blog. I actually have loved most of the sketches and color challenges--the Pals Paper Arts challenges are always fresh and exciting!

 PPA310 A sketch Challenge

I had to think for a bit about how I'd interpret this sketch and then I hit upon on idea! I pulled out some Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper and the "Scenic Sayings" stamp set and got to work! I stamped the "love" stamp in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Melon Mambo scrap and punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch. I punched another heart from Basic Black cardstock and adhered it to the Melon Mambo heart, as a shadow. Then, I stamped the "you" stamp in Melon Mambo ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched that out with the Sweetheart Punch.

I adhered the striped piece of Pop of Pink DSP to a Basic Black mat and then onto a Melon Mambo card base. I arranged a Silver Metallic Foil Doily and the two punched-out hearts on the card. As a finishing touch, I added some of our NEW Enamel Shapes--Melon Mambo from the Brights Collection.

This card is super cute and was super easy to make!




Product List

2 comments:

  1. The pop of pink interpretation of the sketch this week is fun! Thanks for joining the Pals and for your kind comments about our sketches and color challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, love the background black and white stripes with the black layer. Love the addition of the gold doily as a part of the sketch design. You did a magnificent job with the challenge. So happy you played along with PPA this week.

    ReplyDelete