Friday, July 15, 2016

Honey Bee

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'd had an idea in my head for while to use a watercolor technique and the cute little bee from the "Pun Intended" stamp set. When I set out to make the card, I was so happy to find that it turned out just as I hoped it would!!

I started with a 2.5" square of watercolor paper. I used my water-filled Stampin' Spritzer to wet the paper down. You have to get the paper really wet for this technique. I squirted a few drops of Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, and Delightful Dijon reinkers into the lid of an embellishment container.  Then, I took a small paintbrush and picked up a drop of the reinker and placed the tip of the brush onto the wet watercolor paper. I let the colors flow wherever they wanted to go. I kept adding color or diluting the color with until I got a honeyed background.

I dried the paper using my Heat Tool because I'm too impatient for it to wait to dry naturally. Then I stamped the bee from the "Pun Intended" set in Basic Black Archival Ink on top of the watercolor paper. I added the "happy bee-day" sentiment to the corner, also in Basic Black Archival Ink.

I adhered the stamped image onto a slightly larger Basic Black square and then onto a slightly larger Delightful Dijon square. I added this to a Basic Black panel and tied a length of Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine around before adhering it to a Delightful Dijon card base, cut lengthwise, using Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card was really easy to make and despite my impatience over drying time--which I sped up--it only took a few minutes to make. I think it's adorable, if I do say so myself (and I do)!!




Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

No comments:

Post a Comment