Thursday, June 23, 2016

Sugarplum Thank You

#stampinup   During the Stampin' Up OnStage event last April, Shelly Gardner, the Stampin' Up founder and board member, made a really sweet card. I loved the layout, so I decided to use the layout, but my own elements for today's card.


I started with a Sweet Sugarplum card base. I added a strip of Playful Palette Designer Series Paper and backed it with a just larger piece of Basic Black Card Stock. Next, I punched a heart with the Sweetheart Punch from another piece of Playful Palette DSP and added it to the card with a few Stampin' Dimensionals.


I stamped a banner and sentiment from the "Banners and Badges" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink and punched it out with the Duet Banner Punch. I added this element to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Finally, I applied a strip of Snail Adhesive right above the DSP piece and ruched the Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon across the top.


I love the layers and textures of this card. And it was quick and easy to make--so that's a bonus!!




No comments:

Post a Comment