Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Six-Sided Thoughts

#stampinup   I'm so, so sad that the "Six-Sided Sampler" set, Hexagon Punch, and  Honeycomb Embossing Folder are retiring. I've loved this ensemble since it first came out in the catalog. Before I bid these products a fond farewell, I wanted to use them one more time.

My design is the same as several cards already on Pinterest. I used the same layout, borrowed some color combinations, and then added my own twists to the card. That's what "copy and share everything" (CASEing) is all about: borrowing ideas and then making them your own.

REMEMBER: Stampin' Up retiring items are only available while supplies last or until  May 31, 2016, whichever comes first. So, if you see something you like, click on the image below and you'll be directed to my online store where you can pick up what you want. Also, fair warning: prices are going UP in the new catalog. Right now a package of 24 sheets of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock is $7.00. In the new catalog the same package will cost you $8.00 so you should stock up now!! Just sayin'!

Now onto the card...I started with a Whisper White panel and stamped the splatter from "Gorgeous Grunge" in Basic Gray ink twice--one time in full strength and then again without reinking. I stamped five of the hexagon designs from the "Six-Sided Sampler" set (retiring) in Pool Party, Basic Gray, and Pear Pizzazz onto Whisper White Card Stock and punched them out with the Hexagon Punch (retiring). I adhered a hexagon to the center of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. The Pear Pizzazz hexagon just below that is also adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. The rest of the hexagons are adhered directly to the card with Snail Adhesive. Once I had the hexagons placed, I stamped a sentiment from the "Watercolor Wishes" set in Basic Gray.

Next, I cut a length of Pool Party Glitter Ribbon (retiring) and adhered some Tear and Tape to the back so it would stick to the card. I stamped a butterfly from the "Papillon Potpourri" set in Tangelo Twist (retiring) onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. I adhered this to the card with half a Stampin' Dimensional.

For the finishing touch, I added a row of Basic Rhinestones to the butterfly and a few scattered in the grungy splatters.
I adhered the Whisper White panel to a Basic Gray mat and then onto a Pool Party card base.
Gosh! I love this card. I'm going to miss this set!!


Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment