Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Quick & Easy Thank You (Part One)

#stampinup   My 16-year-old twins are juniors in high school and they're just starting to look at colleges. We recently visited Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, a school that's affiliated with the churches of Christ. Harding has a beautiful campus and a very good academic program, with tons of majors. My kids really liked it.

While we were there, they got the full college experience and stayed in the dorms with friends of our family. I want to instill a habit of gratitude in my kids, so I've made them thank you cards for their hosts.

Today's card is for our female host: Kara. Tomorrow, I'll be sharing the male version of the card--so come on back.

For this card, I started with a scrap of Whisper White (you could use any color), cut to 3-1/8" x 2". I punched three different colors from the Brights Color Collection Designer Series Paper 12"x12" stack with the Washi Label Punch. I stamped a sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set onto a Whisper White scrap in Tempting Turquoise and punched it out with the Washi Label Punch.  I adhered these to the scrap and then adhered them to an Old Olive mat, cut just larger.

I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the Washi Label assembly to a striped mat of Tempting Turquoise DSP from the same collection. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine around the assembly before adhering it to a Whisper White made. Then, I tied a bow of Whisper White Baker's Twine through a Vintage Faceted Button and adhered it to the card with Glue Dots. Finally, everything is adhered to a Pumpkin Pie card base, because Kara's favorite color is orange.

This is a quick card and it's a good way to use up some of your scraps of DSP. Stay tuned for tomorrow's masculine version.



Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment