Friday, March 25, 2016

Crushing on You

#stampinup   Stampin' Up is holding its On Stage event in Salt Lake City in April and I'm going!! I love Stampin' Up events! They sure know how to throw a party--and I learn so much about the products and building my business. Plus, I get to meet up with all my stampin' friends and meet new friends. It's so much fun!

One of the things I look forward to is swapping cards. This time I'm NOT going overboard. I'm only participating in one organized swap. I only need to make 20 cards. (I've previously made 100 cards!) The swap is black and white and one color. It's a bit tricky, too, because On Stage is occurring near the end of the Stampin' Up year and some products are retiring. So I had to come up with a design in a color I know would still be around and use stamp sets that I know are carrying over. I'm so glad that the "Petite Petals" set--and I'm assuming the matching Petite Petals punch--is carrying over. I'm also pleased that the "B.Y.O.P." set will carry over as well.

I stamped 5 polka dotted flowers in Cucumber Crush and punched them out with the Petite Petals punch. I stamped the sentiment from the "B.Y.O.P." set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White panel. This photopolymer set makes it so easy to place the sentiment perfectly.

I adhered the panel to a Basic Black mat and then onto a Cucumber Crush card base. I adhered the flowers to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. For a finishing touch, I added a black sequin from the Metallics Sequins Collection to the center of each flower, using the fabulous Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

I can't wait to see the cards I get at the swap! I'll share my favorites with you next month!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment