Monday, February 1, 2016

Yay Presents!

#stampinup   One of the things I like best about the "Party Wishes" stamp set in the Occasions catalog is the fun sentiments. Whenever any of my friends lament about a birthday and the fact that they're getting older, I always say that I love my birthday because I get cake and presents. So the sentiment on this card is pure Kathy: "Yay presents!"

Before I show you the card and tell you how to make it, I have to give another shout out to Mary Fish who inspired the layout and the colors. Mary's card was made for this week's Paper Pal Arts color challenge--which I'm also playing along in--and she used a color block technique that is fabulous!! I didn't want to copy her card completely, so I used her idea and created my own. Thanks again for the inspiration, Mary!

PPA-285-Jan28

The challenge colors are so pretty together. I love to play in color challenges because I would never come up with these combinations on my own!

Just like Mary did, I started with a Tip Top Taupe card base, cut lengthwise, and added a Whisper White panel.  I cut 1" x 5" strips of Pink Pirouette, Watermelon Wonder and Tip Top Taupe and adhered them to a 3" x 4-7/8" piece of Whisper White. I attached this color block to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the cake silhouette from the "Party Wishes" stamp set in Watermelon Wonder onto a Whisper White scrap and fussy cut it with my Paper Snips. I stamped the sentiment in Watermelon Wonder onto a 1.5" strip of Whisper White that I flagged with the Banner Triple Punch. I adhered the flag to the card by placing two Stampin' Dimensionals on the right side to keep it level with the color block and with Snail Adhesive on the left side. I also adhered the cake to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the single birthday candles in Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder and punched them out with the coordinating punch from the Party Punch Pack. PRO TIP: To adhere these tiny candles, lay them on a scrap of card stock and run Snail Adhesive over them and then peel them off--they're like stickers!

Finally, I stamped two balloons in Tip Top Taupe and adhered them to the banner with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added strings with my Tip Top Taupe marker.

This card really is yummy! I reminds me of cherry chocolate chip ice cream--mmm! That would be good with some birthday cake!



Product List

7 comments:

  1. Love the way you were inspired by Mary's card! You did such a great job of making your own version ~ love it! Yes, these colors are so pretty to work with. The little balloons are the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color blocking on this card - inspired by greatness. Your layout and images work wonderfully with these panels of color. Great card! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute with the birthday cake! Thanks for playing the PPA and mentioning my card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiration at it's best Kathy! Thank you for playing PPA285 with Pals Paper ARts this week. Come back and play with us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card, Kathy! The color blocking looks fabulous! I love the sentiment too, it's too much fun! Thank you for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Kathy! The color blocking looks fabulous! I love the sentiment too, it's too much fun! Thank you for joining us this week at the Pals Paper Arts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exactly what I've needed to see! Love this totally clean & crisp look which seems elusive to me at times, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete