Monday, February 29, 2016

White on White Sympathy

#stampinup   We stampers make cards for all occasions. If you're like me, you may have a stash of birthday cards, thank you cards, all occasion cards, and maybe even some leftover Christmas cards. But what I don't have in my stash is sympathy cards. I just don't want to make them ahead of time. Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but, when it comes to sympathy cards, I just don't want to pull any old card out of my "stash" of cards. I want to make a special card to remember a special person. (Yes, I do that for birthdays, too, sometimes....)

The "Rose Wonder" stamp set has a beautiful script and includes a "with sympathy" stamp. Pair that up with the matching Rose Garden Thinlits Dies, and you've got the makings for an elegant, special card.

Today's card is stunning in its simplicity. I started by cutting the large rose and leaves thinlits die from the Rose Garden set from Whisper White Card Stock. I adhered this to a Whisper White panel using the awesome Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Then I adhered this to a Basic Black mat.

I tied a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon around these pieces before adhering them to a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I stamped the "with sympathy" sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink on to a Whisper White scrap and also stamped the coordinating frame in Basic Black. I then used the matching framelit die to cut out the label.  I attached the label to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment