Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Welcome Baby Gift Card Holder

#stampinup   #saleabration2016   A new baby is a great reason to celebration. A sweet couple from my church is expecting their first child in March. I wanted to make a holder for the gift card I purchased, so I searched Pinterest for some ideas. We all do that, right?! I saw a gift card holder with a belly band and decided that's what I'd make!

The couple is having a boy and I found that the Sale-a-Bration Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper has a nice, striped Island Indigo, Old Olive and other boyish colors sheet. I started with a 6"x6" piece of the DSP and, using my Envelope Punch board, made a 3"x4" envelope--a perfect fit for the gift card!

Next, I cut a 1-1/2"x9-1/2" strip of Island Indigo Card Stock and used my Simply Scored Board to score it at 2" and 6-3/8". I secured the ends together with a couple of strips of Fast Fuse Adhesive.

Then, I stamped three circles from the "Layered Letters Alphabet" set in Pear Pizzazz onto a Whisper White scrap. I stamped the word "baby" in Lost Lagoon atop these circles. I cut this out with one of the ovals from the Ovals Collection Framelits.

I folded a Tea Lace Paper Doily to form an oval. Here's a pic of how I did it--I wasn't sure it would work, but it was perfect!! (I punched the hole in the middle of the doily for another project that I'd abandoned earlier. You don't need to punch the center hole.)


I adhered the doily to the belly band with Snail Adhesive and the oval to the doily with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I threaded a Vintage Faceted Designer Button with Whisper White Baker's Twine and tied a knot. I adhered the button to the label with Glue Dots. Here's the completed project, closed and opened.

The gift card really does fit in sideways. I just propped it up so you can see that it's a gift card. Ha!




Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment