Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sweetest Cherry on Top

#stampinup   Stampin' Up's "Apple of My Eye" stamp set--new in the Occasions mini catalog--is so cute! You can stamp an apple, a pear, some cherries, and a variety of citrus fruits. Check out my Pinterest board for more ideas--some of which I will probably CASE in the next few weeks.

I decided to stamp some cherries for today's card. I went searching through my stack of designer series papers for a bright and cheery piece and remembered that I still had lots of paper left in the Cherry on Top 6"x6" DSP pack from the annual catalog--and, duh, there was a sheet with mini cherries on it. Score!

I used this piece of DSP to set my color scheme. Stampin' Up's DSP makes it easy to come up with color combinations--some that would never enter my RBG mind!! I decided to use a Whisper White Thick Card Stock card base because I thought that bright, neutral would off-set the DSP. I adhered the DSP panel onto a Watermelon Wonder mat around which I wrapped a length of Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Ribbon. I adhered this to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped the cherry and sentiment onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. The cherries and sentiment are stamped in Watermelon Wonder; the leaves in Cucumber Crush; and the stem in Chocolate Chip. This is a photopolymer set, so it's easy to see through the stamps for perfect placement. I cut this out with a circle from the Circles Collection Framelits. I adhered the circle to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this card turned out right nice. It would be a great card for a make-and-take. Why not schedule a Stampin' Up party or event with me during Sale-a-Bration and you and your guests can make it,too ?!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment