Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sweet and Simple Just For You

#stampinup   #saleabration2016   There are so many wonderful sets that you can earn for FREE during Sale-a-Bration--it's hard to choose my favorite. I had to have them ALL!! "Botanicals for You" has a big, bold, graphic sentiment, paired with sweet floral elements and three sentiments so you can create a card for almost any occasion. 

I paired this stamp set with the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper that is also a FREE item in the SAB brochure. If you love this DSP as much as I do, all you need to do is place a qualifying order of $50 and choose item 141022 as you FREE item. As always, you can order all the supplies for my cards by clicking on the images at the end of each blog post. You'll be sent directly to my online store where you can shop to your heart's content.

I based my card on a similar card made by Alison Barclay, another talented Australian stamper. Alison's card is totally clean and simple. But, I had to add a few more elements to my card.

I started by stamping the "Just for You" sentiment in Lost Lagoon onto a Whisper White panel. Next, I stamped each of the flowers in Calypso Coral and the leaves in Old Olive. I just couldn't leave well enough alone--plus, I wanted to use the DSP. So, I cut a 3/4" strip of the DSP and a 3/4" strip of Calypso Coral Card Stock and flagged the ends with the Hexagon Punch. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine around the banners before adhering them to the card.

I adhered the Whisper White panel to a Calypso Coral mat and then onto a Lost Lagoon card base. To finish the card, I added a Basic Pearl Embellishment in the center of each flower.

While I like the way this card turned out, I wanted to step up the design just a bit. Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog to see a stepped up version of this clean and simple card!
 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment