Monday, January 18, 2016

Rose Wonder Sympathy

#stampinup   #saleabration2016   I bought the "Rose Wonder" stamp set, not for the beautiful rose and matching Framelits, but because of the beautiful sentiments included. One of them quotes Jeremiah 41:10: 

Fear not, for I am with you; 
be not dismayed, 
for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you, 
yes, I will help you, 
I will uphold you 
with my righteous 
right hand.

The set also contains sentiments for sympathy cards. I've had some sad news and need a sympathy card for a family member whose father passed away recently. I wanted to make a card to express my sorrow at his passing.

I saw a wonderful card on Justin Krieger's website and I loved the layout. It's bold and simple. I thought that would be a good layout for my sympathy card.

I used a Whisper White Thick Card Stock base and stamped the sentiment from "Rose Wonder" in Blackberry Bliss on the bottom, right. Next, I added some sprinkles in Lost Lagoon--stamped off twice-- from the "Awesomely Artistic" set.

As in Justin's design, I added a 1" strip of Blackberry Bliss Card Stock directly onto the card base. Then I adhered a strip of Pool Party Glitter Ribbon, using Fast Fuse Adhesive.

I adhered a 3" square of Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (FREE with a qualifying order during Sale-a-Bration) onto a 3-1/8" square of Blackberry Bliss Card Stock.  I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I punched three butterflies from Lost Lagoon Card Stock using the Elegant Butterfly and Bitty Butterfly punches.  I gave these a bend in the middle and adhered them to the card with glue dots.



Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful and perfect for a sympathy card, understated and subtle. I love it! Thank you so much for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete