Friday, January 8, 2016

Hello, Birthday Boy

#stampinup   #saleabration2016   I'm in love with the "Hello" stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration brochure! I love that big, bold "hello" stamp. I want to use it a lot, before it's no longer available. It's one of the limited-time SAB sets--only available until February 15 {sad face, with tear}--as Siri would say.

I started a Pinterest board for this stamp set and pinned some of my favorite cards. I was really struck by this card by Breelin Renwick. I love the bold, bright Cucumber Crush-Night of Navy color combination on bright Whisper White! I also love the way Breelin fussy cut the "hello." My card isn't exactly a CASE of Breelin's card, but it's heavily inspired by it!!!

I embossed a Whisper White panel with the new "Confetti" embossing folder and adhered it to a Cucumber Crush mat and then onto a Night of Navy card base. I cut a 4"x2" piece of Cherry on Top 6"x6" Designer Series Paper and flagged it with the Banner Triple Punch. I cut a 4"x1.5" piece of Night of Navy card stock and flagged it with the Banner Triple Punch.

I stamped the "birthday boy" sentiment in Cucumber Crush onto a 3/4"x4" piece of Whisper White and flagged the ends with the Hexagon Punch. The "hello" is stamped in Night of Navy onto Thick Whisper White card stock and then cut out with my Paper Snips Scissors. I adhered "hello" to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

Thanks for the inspiration, Breelin!





Product List

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Kathy! I love that you used the confetti embossing folder! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete