Sunday, January 3, 2016

Creation Station: A Few of My Favorite Things


#stampinup   Welcome to 2016 and welcome to the first Creation Station blog hop of the year! We're featuring our favorite stamp sets and embellishments from the Occasions catalog--the selling period starts tomorrow--squee! 

I have so many favorites in the Occasions catalog, I had a hard time narrowing it down. I finally settled on the "Rose Wonder" stamp set--watercolored two ways!

I was dying to try out the Rose Garden Thinlits because they're awesome--as you can see. I ran a piece of Basic Black Card Stock through the Big Shot with the extra large rose-and-leaves framelit. I used the new Big Shot Die Brush too to get all the tiny pieces out of the die. It's da bomb!

Next, I laid down a watercolor wash on a Thick Whisper White Card Stock panel. I used my Aqua Painter and Rose Red ink and applied a watercolor wash about where the rose would lie. Then I used the Aqua Painter and Mint Macaron ink and applied watercolor washed where the two leaves would lie. I adhered the rose frame to the panel using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

PRO TIP: I turned the panel over and used my brayer to make sure that the rose frame adhered to the card stock panel. No glue-y fingers!

Next, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from the same "Rose Wonder" set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Rose Red scrap. I cut the label out with the frame from the Rose Wonder Thinlits. I'm tellin' ya: this frame is worth the price of the entire thinlits assortment. I love it!

I thought the label looked a little lonely on the card, even popped up on a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals, so I added a small Silver Metallic Foil Doily behind--that was just the ticket!


After I completed my quick watercolored card, I wanted to try my hand at real watercoloring. For this card, I stamped the rose-and-leaves image in Versamark ink onto a Watercolor Paper panel and heat-embossed it with Black Stampin' Emboss Powder. Using the Aqua Painter again, I picked up color from the lid of my Pink Pirouette ink pad and colored the entire flower. I went back again and added some dimension with Pink Pirouette. Then I watercolored the center of the flower with Rose Red ink and added some Rose Red to the rest of the petals, too. The leaves are watercolored with Mint Macaron. I'm pretty pleased with the way the watercoloring turned out, although I'm nearly a complete novice when it comes to watercoloring! Seriously, watercoloring is very forgiving.

I mounted the Watercolor Paper panel onto a Basic Black mat with Fast Fuse Adhesive because the Watercolor Paper bowed a bit. Then I mounted everything onto a Pink Pirouette card base.

I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and used the same Rose Garden label framelit to cut it out. I twisted some Gold Thread behind the label before adhering it to the card. Finally, I added a few sequins from the Metallic Sequins Assortment with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.


I hope I've inspired you with my cards. Please keep hopping around the blog hop for more inspiration. There are 14 stops on this hop. I know you'll find lots of wonderful creations that will wow you!


http://nutmegcreations.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-favorite-occasion-with-creation.html

http://www.sarahklass.com/blog/creation-station-occasions-catalogue-fave



Product List
102395s
[102395]
$12.50


Product List
129053s
[129053]
$30.00

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong but i cannot get your "next" button to do anything other than pin to pinterest :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of this set, love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the next blog in the loop for you - http://nutmegcreations.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-favorite-occasion-with-creation.html

    Kathy is aware of the issue and will fix it up as soon as she's home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I can't wait to get my framelits out and CASE your ideas. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards. I am in love with this set and the fonts. Love what you created. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous cards. I am loving your colors and finishing touches. Thanks for sharing such an awesome post. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects!! This set is one of my favorites, too! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I love this set more and more as I see lovely ideas like these! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both beautiful!! Love the soft color choices with the pop of black!

    ReplyDelete