Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Flowering Birthday (Take Two)

#stampinup   #saleabration2016   Yesterday I shared a card that I CASEd from a design by Australian stamper Louise Sharp. I love the clean and simple design of Louise's card and it was a great showcase for two of the wonderful items you can earn for FREE (with each qualifying $50 order) during Sale-a-Bration: the "Flowering Fields" stamp set and the coordinating Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper.

After I made my initial card, there were a couple of things I'd like to change, to step it up a bit. I also wanted to use the thistles from the "Flowering Field" stamp set for a bit of variety. I stamped the thistles in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a Whisper White Thick Card Stock panel. I also stamped the sentiment from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink.

Using a Blender Pen, I colored the thistles with Wisteria Wonder Ink and the leaves and stems with Old Olive Ink. I added some shading around the thistles with Smoky Slate.

Just like yesterday's card, I added a strip of Old Olive Wildflower Fields DSP to the bottom of the panel and tied a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine around. But this time, I added a large Whisper White Designer Button!

I adhered the Whisper White panel to a Crumb Cake mat--this time cut a bit larger. I pierced the perimeter of the mat using the Updated Essentials Piercing Template and my Piercing Tool. Then I used my scissors to rough up the edges of the Crumb Cake mat.  Here's a detail of the card.

Finally, I adhered the Crumb Cake mat to a Crumb Cake card base with Stampin' Dimensionals. I love both cards--one is simple and the other is also simple, but with a little extra detail!



Product List
102845s
[102845]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment