Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Roses for Grandma

#stampinup   My wonderful mother-in-law is celebrating her birthday at the end of the week, so my darling husband asked me to make a card for her. I'm so happy to oblige! I was digging through my designer series paper stash because Grandma loves purple and I thought I'd find a nice DSP with purple. But then I spied the Timeless Elegance DSP with the roses and took a U-turn. 

I cut a piece of the DSP so that the flowers would be the focal point of the card. Then I sponged on Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, and Elegant Eggplant inks until I liked the shading and soft colors. I mounted the DSP onto an Elegant Eggplant mat and tied on a length of Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon.

Next, I cut a Perfect Plum panel and stamped the sentiment from the "Watercolor Wishes" set (exclusive to the kit!) in Basic Black Archival Ink. Then I adhered the assembly to a Wisteria Wonder card base.

I thought the card lacked a little something, so I inked up the three little hearts from the "Watercolor Wishes" set in Basic Black and stamped them in the bottom corner. Yep! That's the ticket!

My kids wrote some heartfelt wishes for Grandma in the card--without my prompting. I know Grandma will love her card!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment