Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Piles of Presents!

#stampinup   #CreativeCrew   #SUO  I'm a bit late with my Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew project this month. Let's blame it on the fact that I'm still recovering from being in Japan for 2 weeks. "They" say it takes one day per hour of time difference to adjust, so I'm on day 11 of my 14-day adjustment period. And then we turned back the clocks. I'm way more tired than I normally am--so I'm going to blame it on my internal clock being out of whack.

And you know when you're tired, your creative juices don't flow as swiftly as normal....so those are my excuses and I'm stickin' with them. My plan is to make one Creative Crew project per day this week, Tuesday through Friday, until I'm caught up. 

So without further ado, let me tell you about my first project. The theme for November is "Christmas and the Children" and today's project is a catalog focused item used in a way that will make the eyes of a child light up and say"Ooooooooooh!!!! Look Mommy!"

When I was a kid, my parents went all out on the Christmas gift giving. My brother and I got tons of gifts every year--not expensive gifts--just lots of them. My parents wanted to make sure that the living room was filled with gifts. Nothing makes a child's eyes light up than a bounty of gifts under the tree.

With that in mind, I used the Gift Box Punch board to make a stack of gift boxes. I used the Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper to make each of the boxes. The largest uses a 12" x 12" (full-sized) piece. The medium box starts with a 10" x 10" piece. And the smallest one starts with an 8" x 8" piece. The Gift Box Punch Board has the finished size of the box along with the size of the paper printed right on it--along with the step-by-step instructions. It's foolproof. My only caution is not to score too deeply because you can tear the DSP (ask me how I know).

I didn't  punch the slits that you can use to assemble the boxes because I just used snail adhesive to close them. My "pile of presents" is going on my mantle as a Christmas decoration. If you wanted to give a pile of presents to someone, you'll probably want to use the Gift Box Punch Board to make the slits so the boxes open easily.

I stacked the boxes on top of each other and tied them up with a length of Whisper White Organza Ribbon.
I made a tag by stamping the Christmas tree from the "Lots of Joy" stamp set in Mossy Meadow onto a Whisper White scrap and punching it out with the Tree Punch. I stamped the "to" and "from" words from this same set in Real Red onto Whisper White, punched them out with the Banner Punch, and adhered them to the tree.

I think this stack of boxes would look wonderful using Winter Wonderland DSP, too. Hmm...I might try that!
 


Product List
133519s
[133519]
$13.00

No comments:

Post a Comment