Friday, November 27, 2015

Fab and Bright

#stampinup   I was glad to see a sketch that I could use as a design for Christmas cards on this week's Fab Friday challenge blog. I'm deep into Christmas card making mode!!



As soon as I saw the Fab Friday sketch, I grabbed my "Lots of Joy" stamp set and got to work! I started by stamping two plaid trees in Old Olive onto Whisper White. I punched these out with the Tree Punch. Next I stamped one of the sentiments in Real Red onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.

I added a Merry Moments Designer Series Paper panel as the backdrop to the design to a Real Red mat.  I tied a length of Real Red 1/4" Cotton Ribbon around the panel before adhering it to an Old Olive card base.

I punched three Daffodil Delight stars with the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adhered them to the card with Glue Dots. Finally, I arranged all my elements and adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals.



Product List
135859s
[135859]
$18.00
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

3 comments:

  1. Kathy - this sentiment is perfect for your adorable card. Love that you substituted the band across the middle for the ribbon - nice touch. Thank you for playing along with our Fab Friday sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo, these plaid trees are my favorite! I love your arrangement of the details - it's all just right! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and classic! You can't go wrong with plaid and red and green! Love the sprinkling of stars too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete