Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Dreaming of Rudolph

#stampinup   When I was a kid, I loved watching the Christmas specials on TV. "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" was one of my favorites, along with the "A Charlie Brown Christmas," of course! That was back in the days when there were only three channels--unless you counted the UHF channel that showed "Speed Racer" after school.

The images on the Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper are meant to evoke nostalgia for times gone by. The little reindeer remind me of Rudolph--some of the reindeer images even have red noses. The images on all the DSP sheets are spaced for fussy cutting or punching. What a great idea!

I fussy cut one of the little reindeer and adhered him with Stampin' Dimensionals to a 2" circle of Real Red that I embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a speckled Pool Party piece of the same DSP. I backed this with a Mossy Meadow mat.

Next, I cut a banner from the striped piece of DSP and adhered it to the panel. I wrapped a length of Real Red 1/4" Cotton Ribbon around the assembly before adhering it to a Very Vanilla mat. I adhered the whole kit and caboodle to a Real Red card base.



As a finishing touch, I added a Real Red Candy Dot to the tip of the reindeer's nose so he'll be able to guide Santa's sleigh.

When I finished, I realized I hadn't done any stamping, so I added a Very Vanilla panel to the inside of the card and stamped the corners in Real Red with the banner from the "Lots of Joy" stamp set and added the "Merry Christmas" sentiment. 

This card really reminds me of growing up and all the happy times with my family at Christmas!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment