Thursday, November 5, 2015

Colorful Christmas

#stampinup   The third challenge for the November Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew is a Designer Series Paper/Color Challenge. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this challenge and then I remembered that I had something that just might work in my pile of "card parts!"

A while back, I was experimenting with a watercolor wash on Thick Whisper White Card Stock. I used Night of Navy Ink, blended it with some water from my Aqua Painter and then just brushed across the card stock. I stamped the snowflakes from the "Wonderland" stamp set in Versamark and heat embossed them with White Embossing Powder. But it just didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned, so I set it aside.

So, when this color focused challenge rolled around and I was thinking of a project, I remembered that "failed" experiment and wondered if I could use the Tree Punch to make some snowy Night of Navy Christmas trees! I was so pleased to find that I was able to punch two trees--just the right number for the card I designed in my head.

Once I had the trees, the rest of the design came together pretty easily.  I cut a 2" x 5-1/4" piece of Season of Cheer DSP and backed it with a 2-1/8" x 5" piece of Mossy Meadow Card Stock. I used the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder to add some stripes to a Whisper White panel and added that to a Night of Navy card base.

I wrapped a length of White Glitter Ribbon around the DSP piece and adhered that to the striped panel. I added the trees to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

To finish the card, I stamped a sentiment from the "And Many More" set in Mossy Meadow onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Large Oval Punch. I adhered this with Stampin' Dimensionals as well.

I'm always pleased when a "failed" experiment or a "card part" inspires a wonderful design. Don't throw away those things! They might come in handy someday!!



Product List
129053s
[129053]
$30.00
135859s
[135859]
$18.00

No comments:

Post a Comment