Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fab Window

#stampinup   Halloween is almost here so I'd better use my Halloween colors and stamps now, 'cause after Saturday, we'll be moving into Fall and Christmas mode, right?

This week's Fab Friday color challenge features three great Halloween colors. Frankly, I would never have paired Bermuda Bay with Tangelo Twist and Basic Black--but these are perfect colors for Halloween!!



I started by cutting a Black Glimmer Paper window with the Hearth and Home Framelits collection. Then I cut a wedge from a Spider Web Doily and adhered it to the window with a glue dot. I attached a Bermuda Bay rectangle to the window with Stampin' Dimensionals--which are doing double-duty by adhering the Bermuda Bay panel to the window and the window to the card!

I stamped the little spider from the "Howl-o-Ween Treats" stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink in the bottom left window and used a Project Life by Stampin' Up Journaling Pen to draw a silk thread from the web to the spider.

I used Tangelo Twist for the card base, added a strip of Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper--wrapped with a Basic Black Stitched Satin Ribbon--and then adhered the window to the card.

I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to position the sentiment from the "And Many More" set, which I stamped in Basic Black Archival ink.

I think this card is stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself (and I do)!



Product List

2 comments:

  1. The Glimmer paper window frame is totally cool! Love the sparkle it brings and the cute spider and web are adorable! Well done! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathie - what an adorable card! I love the glimmer paper window! Thank so much for playing along with this week's FabFriday color challenge.

    ReplyDelete