Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Retro Circles

#stampinup   I haven't played along in the Retro Sketches challenge in a long time. I'm glad that I have time this week to revisit and play along with one of my favorite challenges--I missed it! This week's sketch is really cute and I love the cards made by the design team.



I especially liked the cards made by design team members Sheri and Tracey. They had the same circle theme. Sheri used punched out circles, and that's what I chose to do, too. I wanted to use a bold sentiment like Tracey did.

I got out my Cherry on the Top Designer Series Paper stack because I love the bold colors and patterns. I chose Cucumber Crush as my focal color and I stamped a sentiment from "Birthday Blossoms" in Cucumber Crush onto a Whisper White scrap. I punched this out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.

Next, I punched a variety of circles (1" through 2") from a variety of the Cherry on Top DSP sheets. I arranged these on a panel of Cucumber Crush that I embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing folder. I added this to a Pool Party card base.

To finish the card, I punched a Crushed Curry flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and added it to the circle with the sentiment, using a glue dot. I then added the smallest Metal Rimmed Pearl. So cute--and so quick to make!



Product List

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card, Kathy! Love that you combined pieces of both Tracey and my cards and added the embossed background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete