Monday, September 14, 2015

Pretty Old Rowhouse Open House

#stampinup   One of my very favoritest people in the whole wide world, my friend Nakeia, recently purchased her very own house! Nakeia held an open house this past weekend and it's such a pretty old house! She's already put some of her unique touches on it as she's fixed it up. She still has plenty of projects left--but that's the FUN of owning and rehabbing an old house. I'm kinda jealous! You can follow her progress on her blog: Pretty Old Rowhouse.

Naturally, I had to make a card for Nakeia to hold the Habitat for Humanity Restore gift card I got her. I love the Restore--when you're rehabbing your home, you can donate your extra supplies and other household items. Then the Restore sells them to people rehabbing their homes and the proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity. The ultimate recycling project!

I've made this pop-up gift card holder before--at graduation time--and you can click on the tutorial link above to see how it's done. In fact, I clicked on my own link and followed the tutorial!

I started with a piece of English Garden Designer Series Paper and that set my color scheme. I used Old Olive as the base of the card and wrapped the DSP around the bottom to form a pocket. I also wrapped a length of Melon Mambo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon around the bottom pocket. 

For the focal point, I cut a rectangle of Melon Mambo card stock as the mat and added a Whisper White panel that I'd stamped Blushing Bride splatters from the "Artistically Awesome" stamp set. I made the House by cutting two squares from the Squares Collection Framelits--one in Old Olive and one in Smoky Slate. I punched a heart in the Smoky Slate square with one of the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punches and backed it with a bit of Melon Mambo card stock. I cut the Old Olive square in half for the roof. The house is adhered to the panel with Stampin' Dimensionals and the panel is adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, too. You can't have too many Stampin' Dimensionals, IMHO.

I used a Whisper White piece for the inside, cut and folded in accordance with the tutorial. I stamped two parts of the sentiment from the "B.Y.O.P." stamp set in Old Olive and Melon Mambo. (It's a good thing I just got a manicure!) 

Nakeia really liked my card, crafty girl that she is!!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment