Friday, September 11, 2015

Merry Santa

#stampinup  "I love it when a plan comes together." ~Hannibal Smith/The A Team....well, this wasn't really a plan. Maybe it's more like synchronicity. Is that a word or just a song by the Police? Ugh. I'm really showing my 80s.

Anyway, I had a cute little Santa that I fussy cut from a piece of Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper sitting on my desk. I'd planned to use him on a card this week. Then, I logged into the Stampin' Up website and saw the sweetest card made with the totes adorbs reindeer from the same DSP. The card is pretty cute, too, so I decided to CASE it.

I clicked on the card to get a better view of it and, lo and behold, it was made by one of my stamping faves, Mindy Backes!! I hit for the cycle! Mindy's card is perfect in every way. Stampin' Up even commented, "We love all of the fun little embellishments on this card!" Seriously, who wouldn't?! I don't have all those embellishments or the stamp set, so I used what I had. My card is the "dumbed down" version of Mindy's card.

I started with a Mossy Meadow card base and added a piece of Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper. Next, I added a Tea Lace Doily, a length of Gold 3/8" Glitter Ribbon, and a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock cut with a Deco Framelit, popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock with one of the Circle Framelits and stamped a sentiment from the "Lots of Joy" stamp set in Mossy Meadow onto it. I adhered this and the cute Santa with Stampin' Dimensionals as well.

The end result is not nearly as cute as Mindy's card--but it's still pretty cute because that Santa is totes adorbs!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment