Friday, September 25, 2015

For the Birds


 SIP Logo Bar Winner

#stampinup   As I was thinking about my layout for this week's StampInkPaper Challenge, I immediately knew I'd start with a Pool Party card base, a Basic Black mat, and a Whisper White panel. I had no idea beyond that. 

SIP Color Challenge 15

I cut my card stock and sat down at my stamping table--and there in my card parts pile was a Whisper White panel that I'd previously embossed with the Woodland Embossing Folder. Yes! That's a great idea.

I stamped one of the birds from the "Among the Branches" stamp set in Daffodil Delight and the other in Basic Black Archival Ink.

Next, I stamped the "Happy Halloween" sentiment from the "And Many More" stamp set in Basic Black Archival Ink onto a scrap of Daffodil Delight card stock. I punched this, and a piece of Basic Black card stock, with the Washi Label Punch. I added a strip of Season of Cheer Washi Tape to the bottom of the card and adhered the two labels to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I wasn't so sure about the card, so I showed it to my 16-year-old daughter because she's my best critic. She said, "I like this. I mean it: I really like it. I want it in my room, in a frame." So I think I passed the daughter test!

Update: My card was chosen as one of the three winners of this challenge! I'm so pleased!


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Love the birds on your branches here. Great use of the embossing folder & stamps. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card brings back the movie The Birds to memory. I loved watching Alfred Hitchcock's movies. Thank you for playing down at the SIP.

    ReplyDelete