Monday, September 7, 2015

Delightful Thank You

#stampinup   I haven't played in the Create with Connie & Mary challenge in a while--I haven't played in many challenges lately. I've been busy creating "on my own" for the Creation Station and Creative Crew design teams and for my Christmas card stamp-a-stacks. In fact, I spent almost the whole Labor Day weekend designing the cards we'll make at the September and October classes. I'll be sharing those in the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

Anyway, Create with Connie & Mary have a sketch challenge this week.

CCMC371

I chose one of my favorite sets--one that hasn't been getting much ink lately--"Six-Sided Sampler." I chose my color scheme based on a card I saw at the #InspireCreateShare Stampin' Up #Convention2015: Tip Top Taupe, Delightful Dijon, Basic Black.

I started by stamping three different hexagons in the three colors and punched them out with the Hexagon Punch. I stamped one of the splatter patterns from "Gorgeous Grunge" in Tip Top Taupe onto a Whisper White panel, then I arranged the hexagons across the bottom of the card, attaching them with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set in Basic Black onto a 1-1/2" strip of Whisper White. I flagged the end with the Hexagon Punch. I cut a sliver off a length of Tip Top Taupe Dotted Lace Ribbon and tied it onto the end of the flag. I attached the flag to the top of the hexagons with Snail Adhesive.

I attached the Whisper White panel to a Basic Black mat and then adhered it to a Delightful Dijon card base. 

I'm really liking this color combination and I think I'll be using it again!



Product List

10 comments:

  1. What a great stamp set for this sketch, and these colors are awesome together, too - really crisp and modern! Great use of this sketch! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great stamp set for this week's challenge; I love your chosen colour combo too, great for a male or female recipient! The lace tie on the banner is also a nice touch. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of colors and images is a real wow - very classy! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your color collection too, great for fall! A very nice take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hexagons work just perfectly for this sketch and the colors you chose work wonderfully well for either a guy or a gal! The sentiment compliments the elegant color scheme as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hexagon stamp was an excellent choice for this sketch! I'm partial to the color combo as well....very striking! Thanks for playing along with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hexagons from the Six Sided Sampler, they were perfect for this sketch and the colour mix in your card was perfect. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice of using the hexagons for the sketch...another one I didn't even think to use! Great fall color combination, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do like this! I agree with everyone else when they say the hexagons were a great choice for this sketch! Love your color choices! Fantastic clean and simple card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge last week! Sorry I am late with my comment. Family health issues. Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete