Friday, August 28, 2015

Sponged Elegance

#stampinup   Last week, I shared a card I made with some of the gorgeous Timeless Elegance Designer Series paper and I promised that I'd get back to you with another way to use this paper--sponging colors.

For this card, I cut a piece of the Timeless Elegance DSP with three big roses. I sponged Pink Pirouette ink on top of the roses to color them. You don't have to be precise with this technique. You can also layer the color--some darker areas and some lighter. Once I got the pink the way I liked it, I sponged Mint Macaron ink around the flowers--darker in the center of the paper and lighter toward the outside.

I layered this piece onto a Basic Black mat and then onto a Pink Pirouette card base. I sponged a scrap of Pink Pirouette card stock with Crumb Cake ink to tone down the brightness and make it more vintage-y. Then I stamped a sentiment from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Basic Black Archival ink onto the pink and punched it out with the large oval punch. I snipped off the side of the oval so that it aligns with the left side of the card.

Sponging color onto the Timeless Elegance DSP is quick and easy and the end result is stunning!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment