Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Sweet Sixteenth--Times Two!

#stampinup   I can hardly believe that my sweet, funny, smart, adorable twins are 16 years old! Where did the time go? They're just entering 11th grade and they'll be driving soon. Our lives have never been the same since we learned I was pregnant at 42 (what?!) with twins (yikes!). God has certainly blessed us with their presence--and their big brother's presence, too--in our lives!!!

We had a family dinner out--a rarity as it's difficult to get on their busy social calendars. And then had cupcakes and presents at home. Well, not so many presents these days, because all the kids just request cash now. But it's still fun to wrap a present or two.

I used the new Gift Bag Punch Board to make coordinating gift bags. I needed a tall bag, so I started with a 12" x 8" sheet of Bohemian Designer Series Paper for each bag.  I tied each with a length of Island Indigo Cotton Ribbon. I used the blue tissue paper from my Paper Pumpkin stash--I love how it coordinates with the Bohemian DSP!

I made a Whisper White tag with the Scallop Top Tag Punch for each bag using the"happy birthday" sentiment from the "Tin of Cards" stamp set, stamped in Island Indigo. I stamped some "Gorgeous Grunge" elements in Bermuda Bay, Delightful Dijon, and Blackberry Bliss. I tied the tag onto the Island Indigo Cotton Ribbon with Gold Baker's Twine. Once I'd secured the tag, I unraveled the gold and cut off the twine. I love these tendrils of gold. For my daughter's bag, I tied on a length of Gold Sequin Trim.

Here's a closer look at the tag and the bling!

To learn how to make a Gift Bag with a fold-over flap, click here for the tutorial or the "tutorials" tab at the top of this blog.
 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment