Friday, August 14, 2015

Happy Birthday, Lilly!

#stampinup   One of my good friend's little girl, Lilly, turns 3 today. Lilly is a bright, funny, happy, firecracker of a girl. She's got a super crush on Minnie Mouse and takes Minnie everywhere with her. I thought it would be fitting to make a punched art Minnie Mouse for Lilly's birthday card.

Since I don't normally "do" punched art, I had to search Pinterest for some ideas. There are some awesome ideas there, but I wanted something simple. I found this card created by Australian stamper Karen Thomas and CASEd the design idea.

I punched Minnie's head with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch and her iconic ears with the 1" Circle Punch from Basic Black scraps. I layered the ears behind the head on a circle cut with the Circle Framelits Collection, adhering the pieces with Stampin' Dimensionals. For the bow, I punched two hearts from Real Red scraps with one of the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack punches and added a large Basic Pearl in the middle. The bow is adhered to Minnie's head with Stampin' Dimensionals that I cut down to fit.

I took a Whisper White panel and stamped "happy birthday" from the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set in Real Red. I added a bit of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper at the bottom and wrapped a length of Real Red Cotton Ribbon around the panel. I adhered the completed panel to a Real Red card base cut lengthwise. I added Minnie's head assembly to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I think this turned out really cute. I hope Lilly likes it! Happy Birthday, Lilly!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment