Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Little Thanks

#stampinup  One of my stamping heroes, Lydia Fiedler (understandblue.blogspot.com), is a true artist and she freely shares her art every day on her blog--which is hilarious reading, by the way. And she's all over social media. I follow her on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and You Tube. Uh-oh. Maybe I'm stalking her.

Anyway, I can't recommend more strongly that after you subscribe to my blog that you get on over to Lydia's blog and subscribe. You will be glad you did. Not kidding.

So, as I've been stalking following Lydia, I've been pining away that I can't go to her Saturday stamping classes because she lives in Austin, Texas, and I live outside of Baltimore, Maryland. The commute is just too long. I'm very sad about it. There are many sad Lydia devotees around the country who really, really, really want to come to her classes but live too far away.

Because Lydia is such a giving person and because she doesn't want us to be sad, she's started offering "Blue2You" online classes. Go to her blog and click on her link and you can go to Lydia's classes--virtually. I'm so glad I did, because if you've seen my recent blog posts (here and here) about the cards we made during the #ublueunwind class before the #InspireCreateShare Stampin' Up #Convention2015, you'll know that Lydia challenges me to go outside my creative box and to make beautiful works of art!! 

I purchased the Blue2You "One Big Meaning" stamp-a-stack kit. Here's the first card I made--based, of course, on Lydia's awesome, full-color instructions.

I used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line up the "a little thanks" sentiment from the "One Big Meaning" stamp set and stamped it three times across the card in the new Basic Black Archival Ink. Next, I sponged Crushed Curry on the lower half of the card and then inked the "World of Thanks" background stamp in Crushed Curry and stamped it onto the sponged section. I added a strip of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper (which Lydia included in the kit--already pre-cut).

Lydia also included hearts punched with the Sweetheart punch from Whisper White Thick Cardstock. I adhered 3 of these together to make them extra-thick and then popped the heart onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also used Dimensionals to adhere the Whisper White Panel to the card base.

Isn't this a fabulous card??!! There are 2 more fabulous cards in this set!! I'm tellin' ya: get on over to Lydia's blog and check out Blue2You classes!!

Card Designed by Lydia Fielder


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment