Monday, July 13, 2015

Seeing Spots

#stampinup   The sketch at this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge seems a bit abstract to me. Some of the design crew came up with designs that are decidedly not abstract--but I couldn't get those funky ovals out of my mind.



What better set to use for an abstract design than "What's Your Type?" I also thought I'd use some wild colors to really make this card sing. I love Melon Mambo and Tangelo Twist together--I added a little Daffodil Delight for extra zing!

I stamped a bunch of Melon Mambo and Tangelo Twist circles onto scraps of Whisper White card stock. I punched these out with the 1" Circle Punch. Then I inked up the sentiment from the "I Think You're Great" set in Melon Mambo,"kissed" it onto the patterned stamp, and stamped it onto Whisper White. I punched this out with the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.

Next, I took a Daffodil Delight panel and ran it through the Big Shot with the Large Polka Dot Textured Embossing Folder. I adhered this onto a Whisper White mat and then onto a Tangelo Twist card base. I attached the sentiment and all the dots with Stampin' Dimensionals.

How fun is this card??!!



Product List

1 comment: