Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Fab & Simple

#stampinup   I really love the sketch on the Fab Friday challenge blog. It's clean and simple and that suits my style (of-the-moment) just fine!



I just got a new Stampin' Up order yesterday (woot!) and the new "Tin of Cards" stamp set was among the goodies. I thought one of the sentiments from that set would be perfect for this design. Then I chose one of my favorite color schemes--Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette.

I stared with a Soft Suede card base and added a Pink Pirouette mat that I embossed with the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder. Next, I cut a 2-5/8" square of Soft Suede and a 2" square of Pink Pirouette with the Squares Framelits Collection. I love how these framelits make square layers so easy!!!

I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede onto the Pink Pirouette square--and since the set is photopolymer, there's no guesswork--I could see the exact placement. Gotta love that! I layered the squares and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I layered two Very Vintage Designer buttons on top of each other and tied them together with a length of Linen Thread. I attached the buttons with a couple of glue dots. I had tried each of the buttons alone, but accidentally stacked them and I really liked that look, so I kept it. And that's it: fabulous and simple!

 

Product List
103683s
[103683]
$5.25

2 comments:

  1. Oh good grief - I never thought of pairing those buttons with this embossing folder - how perfect! I love your clean and simple design here - and the colors are yummy - bring on the ice cream! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I've been eyeing those buttons. They really add a lot and I love how you used the twine to tie them.

    ReplyDelete